Finding a tree surgeon in Manchester can be extremely difficult if you don’t know what to look out for. Depending on the job at hand, there are also many aspects to felling a tree and sometimes this is something one can only be aware of after doing some research or with experience. Although it might sounds like a fairly simple job or task, there are a number of things which need to be considered, hence the reason you should always do a little research before selecting a tree surgeon.
To make things a little easier for you, here are five questions to ask when considering a professional tree surgeon.
- What Qualifications do you have? As with most occupations in the UK, there is a governing body and the tree surgery industry is no different, we have the NPTC (National Proficiency Tests Council).
- What type of insurance do you have? A legitimate business should always have at least an Employers and Public Liabilities to protect your business and the employers within. There are also tree surgery insurance policy which some businesses decide to include as well.
- What are your references and recommendations? When looking to hire a tree surgeon, it’s always a good idea to ask for references and recommendations. This could be in the form of past clients and also pictures of work carried out and different locations. You can also look online to see if they have any reviews from past clients and read their feedback
- Will I get a quote? When looking for prices on tree surgery, you will need to get a quote from someone, there is no true way of knowing what the exact cost would be before having a look at the job. Always make sure this is a written quote and you’re clear on what you’re paying for to avoid surprises.
- How long have you been doing this? Having a number of year’s experience will ensure you feel more at ease as they have the experience to do the work and know what to expect. This can always be crossed checked by knowing how long the company has been working as a tree surgeon.
- Are you really local? Always check to make sure they really are local to you and their address is within your town/county to ensure you don’t end up paying a little extra for the distance they have to cover to reach you.
If you live around Manchester and are looking for a tree surgeon, be sure to ask us for a free no obligation quote and we’ll help with your hedge trimming, tree pruning, stump grinding or tree removal today.